Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bitten

Had two great lectures by Dominic Bryan, Director of the Irish Studies Program/Department at Queen's university today.  I recorded all 3 hours of it and will try to upload it later this week.  Also met with poet Sinead Morrissey -- will post some of her poems as well.  I know I still need to write about yesterday, and there will certainly be lots to write about tomorrow (we are spending the entire day riding along with the PSNI -- the Police Service of Northern Ireland -- and I'm sure with the rioting that happened last night, they will have plenty to say!).  Right now, however, I'm recovering from a bedbug infestation... have switched buildings, had clothes sent out to be boiled (essentially), and had luggage fumigated, but I'm still itchy and constantly feel like things are crawling on me!  I'm sure all will be well if (when?) I wake up tomorrow with no new bites!   Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Jeannie,

    As your great-grandmother used to say each evening: Good-night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite. Just stay safe, OK?

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete